Located in London's financial district, our client is an industry leading financial company with a fantastic culture and international exposure.
The role of the Receptionist is to provide first class customer service via the effective handling of all internal and external telephone calls and of visitors to the building as well as providing efficient support to the front of house team.
- Based on reception; to answer all internal and external telephone calls in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Meet and greet clients, offer beverages and newspapers.
- Manage meeting room diary.
- Providing beverages and ordering catering for on-site meetings.
- Deal with collections and deliveries, distribute as required.
- Arrange couriers and taxis.
- Arranging travel for staff.
- Assist with daily queries, both internal and external.
- Maintain standards of all front of house and client facing areas ensuring meeting rooms are presentable immediately before and after meetings.
- Assist with the archiving of client files; requesting files, creating new files on the computerised system, returning files.
- Sorting incoming post
- Processing unallocated post
- Franking outgoing post
- Order stationery for the office.
- Responsible for office equipment, fax, printers, copier and franking machine.
- Support the Facilities team by assisting with ad hoc duties as requested and dealing with local minor service contract providers over local issues or sourcing local suppliers etc.
- Other ad hoc duties to support the office to include typing, preparing presentations, binding reports, assisting with mailings etc.
- Make suggestions where improvements could be made and report any issues to your Supervisor.
- Undertake a proactive role within the office to ensure the smooth running of that office and facilities within it.
- Work in an organised manner, keeping the work area tidy in line with company written standards.
- This role requires candidates to be immaculately presented, to have excellent customer service skills and to work to very high standards within their remit.
You will be well presented, possess superb communication skills, be approachable and welcoming to guests to the building and be able to deal with problems quickly and effectively.
Skills and Qualifications
- First Class client facing skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels confidently and professionally.
- Ability to resolve problems quickly, efficiently and in a calm manner.
- Polite and articulate with a polished and professional approach.
- Enthusiastic and approachable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible to cover holiday, sickness absence as well as changing business requirements.
- Strong IT skills
- Previous experience in a financial environment
- Develops positive relationships with colleagues, internal and external customers.
- Shares information and knowledge openly and honestly.
- Listens to others opinions, giving and responding to feedback.
- Self-motivated and resilient.
- Uses own initiative.
- Positive thinking.
- Honest and reliable.
Our mission: To be the leading Executive Secretarial & Support recruitment consultancy in London, for employers and jobseekers alike. We are passionate about helping people with their future career aspirations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES Morgan Spencer Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
Our REFER and be REWARDED scheme is about recognising and thanking you for telling your friends, family or colleagues about our services and how we could help them. Refer a friend or colleague who is not already registered with Morgan Spencer. If we place them in a permanent role, we will reward you with £200 of gift vouchers of your choice. Remember there is no limit on the number of referrals you can make, and therefore the rewards you can claim!!!