As the Construction Project Manager, you will be responsible for taking a newly identified site from head of terms being agreed with the landlord to handing over a refurbished unit to the store opening team ready for merchandising. You will need to work alongside a project coordinator and will work closely with an appointed store design agency through the design and landlord approvals process. The target is 15+ new stores per year with multiple concurrent projecting being active at various stages. We are looking for an experienced and passionate professional to lead this important department.
- Planning, designing, specifying and managing the fit out of new stores
- Taking a new store location from heads of terms agreed to hand over of the refurbished unit for launch.
- Managing all maintenance and refurbishments of the current store portfolio.
- Work closely with appointed store design agency through the design and landlord approvals process for each store.
- Working with various contractors and suppliers in order to refine the fit-out model in an effort to improve quality and functionality while also reducing costs and timescales.
- Manage project tender process with appointed panel of contractors.
- Develop fit out manuals to act as a basis of future fit out stores.
- Manage fit out budgets and report to finance department.
- Building relationships with new and key suppliers.
- Design and draw new store GA layouts.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record working in a role with a broad scope of construction and design experience.
- Extensive experience project managing retail fit outs in shopping center and train station locations.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills, diplomacy and discretion dealing with contacts at all levels.
- Ability to handle and adjust to a variety of concurrent activities, judge priorities and organize work effectively under limited supervision.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage complex projects.
- Passion for exceptional representation of the brand at all times.
- Ability to act on own initiative and take ownership of projects and tasks through to successful completion.