Our client is a multi-disciplinary surveying consultancy with a well-established Property/Asset Management Department both nationally, and in their Manchester office. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking an experienced property management surveyor(s) to join their Manchester team and the seniority can be anything from 1 year PQE up to Director level.
Acting for investors and occupiers in the retail, office and industrial markets, managing a cross-section of commercial property types, the client combines experience and knowledge with innovation and creativity, handling national and international portfolios for a wide variety of clients.
This role covers a high-quality portfolio, which is predominantly retail and responsibilities will include:
- Take a "hands on" proactive role in property management.
- Manage the transition of client/properties over to the property management department and the setting up of new instructions and portfolios.
- Carry out regular property inspections.
- Be responsible for preparing in advance for client meetings, recording minutes of those meetings and carrying out any actions arising.
- Ensure accurate client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, subject to approval by line manager as required.
- Reading and summarising of leases and ensure accurate data is maintained on the property management system and to regularly check update and audit the accuracy of the data.
- Take a proactive approach in terms of asset management opportunities and the exploiting of potential initiatives
- Advance planning for critical lease event dates such as reviews, lease expiries and options and assisting with an implementation strategy for these
- Ensure tenant arrears are proactively managed in conjunction with the clients’ central credit control team
- Dealing with tenant and client queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Draft review and approve service charge budgets
- Review service charge cash flow and budget regularly
- Calculation and approval of service charge reconciliations
- Liaise with the building managers and regional facilities managers to ensure that buildings are well maintained at all times
- Invoice approval and ensuring correct coding of expenditure in line with the budgets
- Identify and progress opportunities for cross selling activities
- Identify opportunities for providing additional services to clients
- Building strong working relationship with the existing clients
Experience in the Property Management sector is essential, and applicants must possess:
- High attention to detail, be well organised and have a good initiative level
- Be a team player
- Be articulate, professional and persuasive with a good telephone manner and good report writing skills
- Show the ability to cross sell other services within the company
- Ability to work with relatively high degree of autonomy with minimal supervision
- Be adaptable and above all keen and enthusiastic
- A desire to progress and generate new business
Knowledge & Experience
- MRICS Qualified
- From 12 months PQE up to Director level relevant property management experience
- Numerate and technically competent
- Strong attention to detail with a practical pragmatic common sense approach to management
- Ability to deal with challenging mandates and coping with a high work load
- Excellent IT, problem solving, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal and managerial skills
- Full, clean driving licence
Salary & Benefits
Depending on the seniority of the successful candidate(s) the remuneration shall include:
- Salary £40,000 + - Negotiable D.O.E.
- Car Allowance - level D.O.E.
- Highly Competitive Bonus structure
- Healthcare and Pension
- Generous holiday allowance
- Plus other benefits
Our client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.