Investors in People accredited, our client is a very unique business. They not only deal with basic engineering issues but they build on those because of the research they do. Climate change and energy efficiency in its utmost sophisticated form as well as it basic form, doing such things as air tightness testing, which makes us very sophisticated and diverse in what our client does.
This department offers a total test and measurement service. In this part of the business our client hire, calibrate and sell a comprehensive range of specialist instruments for building services and construction use.
The service is backed by a Quality Assurance management system to both BS EN ISO9001:2008 and ISO/IEC 17025:2005 (UKAS) and the team of expert engineers can advise clients on the best instrument for the purpose and offer technical support and site services.
The scope of the role:
Reporting directly into the Business Manager - Instrument Solutions and working closely with the Commercial Director this role aims at providing sound management of the product sales and rental technical support teams in a manner that contributes both to the funds and mission of the company based on long term objectives.
- In conjunction with the Instrument Solutions General Manager and Directors, provide sound management of the commercial and financial aspects of the business with due consideration to growth and earnings along with the positive management of cash
- Management of a business operations with the aim to generate increased revenue stream
- Management of a team of technical sales advisors and administrators
- Manage the online sales and presence through development of strong brand image to attract customer and maximise this revenue stream
- In conjunction with the marketing team develop strong effective marketing materials and ensure their timely delivery
- Work with the existing supply chain to maximise the value in both price (discounts) and response
- Undertake promotional activities both on and off site whenever the need arises. This includes face-to-face product demonstrations, attendance at exhibitions and participation within training events
- Maintenance and addition of new sales content to the Instrument Solutions website through bespoke systems based on manufactures data sheets and catalogue
- Actively consider business opportunities for the development of the business, and bring these to the attention of the Instrument Solutions General Manager so they can be exploited using existing know-
how and resources
A B2B technical sales background ideally related to a sector within the construction industry
Previous extensive experience in a similar role
Engineering qualification is preferable
Good understanding and appreciation of the technical aspects
Experience in managing a team of sales professionals
Commercial acumen and business awareness
Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to influence and persuade. Good working knowledge of sales cycle and sales processes
Engineering background or qualification will be advantageous
Proactive approach to problem solving
Commitment to achieving a high level of customer service.
Excellent organisational and planning skills
Computer literate in Microsoft packages and a working knowledge of CRM systems.
Business Development Construction Energy Efficiency Engineering Management
£45,000 - £70,000 per annum
Scott Cofton Associates
£25,000 - £40,000 per annum
£18,000 - £22,000 per annum
Pitch Consultants Ltd
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
The People Consultancy
£21,500 - £50,000 per annum, OTE