Exciting opportunity for a seasoned application developer to lead the application and web content team within University of Iowa Health Care's Marketing and Communications department. The successful applicant will maintain the existing University of Iowa Health Care web properties, create and produce innovative and demonstrably effective digital products to enhance marketing efforts and support institutional goals. We need a skilled collaborator who will interface with marketing and communication colleagues to improve processes and workflows with relevant and applicable tools.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience in software or web development
- Supervisory experience
- Strong background in UI/UX and/or graphic design
- Firm understanding of object-oriented programming
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to communicate technical topics effectively with non-technical staff
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a team environment
- Experience with enterprise-level content management systems
- Experience in design, application development, Web development, Structure Query Language (SQL) integration and a broad understanding of Web-based trends and technologies
- Proficiency in theories, principles, and practices of developing dynamic Web content
- Advanced knowledge of contemporary design and development tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, Visual Studio, JQuery (or related framework,) Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), streaming technologies, environments, and file formats.
- Knowledge of operating systems, browser compatibility, American Disability Act (ADA) and Section 508 compliance.
- Knowledge of University of Iowa policies and procedures.