Senior Online Merchandising Manager
xxLondon - North Actonxx
The role manages all web merchandising across our leading platforms. Leading your team by example and using data from a variety of sources you and your team will optimise the merchandising of our owned digital assets. You will be accountable for the execution and day to day management of all pages between the homepage and checkout ensuring the content and experience is up to date, fit to trade effectively, relevant and engaging for all promotional and category journeys.
- Co-ordinating the merchandising execution across all promotions and events.
- Delivering merchandising strategies to support the category strategies as defined by Senior eCommerce Managers.
- Managing an effective team of merchandisers.
- Ensuring execution is right first time.
- Championing the optimum product and non-product content working with relevant content teams to deliver appropriate engaging experiences.
- Ensuring that we have all the assets live and on time for product, range and promotional launches.
- Supporting the delivery of creative, effective solutions to merchandising events.
- Owning and managing the assets on all web-pages between home and checkout.
- Working with the UX and Design teams to optimise customer experiences.
- Supporting frictionless journeys across and between our sites.
- Managing the operational elements in optimising navigation and search and work with the UX team to enhance our capability.
- Ensuring that we have 100% bundle and attach coverage
- Managing the operational elements to ensure recommendations tools are operating effectively.
- Work with the optimisation team on a programme of continuous improvement
- Ensure that journeys are optimised for all incoming traffic for all marketing channels by working with marketing channel teams in a collaborative manner.
- Build and manage reporting suites to track merchandising effectiveness and show continuous improvement.
- Contribute to application and product improvement roadmaps that will improve our merchandising capability.
- 3yrs+ Web merchandising and CMS experience.
- Strong analytical skills both in terms interpretational of financial & Web metric data
- Experience of managing partner operations
- Flexibility and dynamic approach to work
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrable experience of senior stakeholder engagement
- Track history of operating a customer-first mentality while supporting commercial objectives
- Experience using Business Objects, BI and Web Analytics suites
- Knowledge of Dixons Retail commercial processes
- Experience with Adobe Omniture or other Web Analytics software
- Online retailing (in particular online category management/trading)
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel.
- At least 3 years experience working within a FMCG/Fashion or Hard Goods fast paced retailer
- Ability to think critically and strategically
- Highly analytical with the ability to find analyse and triangulate multiple sources of data available
- Ability to analyse complex problems and deliver insightful and practical solutions
- Ability to understand the big picture while keeping exquisite attention to detail to ensure 0 defect in analysis
- Ability to communicate those insights in a clear, concise and powerful manner both verbal and in writing
- Experience working cross functionally and within a category team