Shift Maintenance Engineer
£41,500 a year
Shift Maintenance Engineer (Multi Skilled)
Manchester - Oldham
Salary - £41,500
Shifts - 4 on 4 off rotating shift pattern of 2 days, 2 nights
Outstanding Benefits Package:
* Company Bonus Scheme
* 23 days holiday (Including bank holidays)
* Company Pension Scheme (contributions matched up to 10%)
* Company Sick Pay scheme
* Westfield Health Cover (claim for treatments eg dental)
* Annual party
* Free, onsite parking
* Heavily discounted Employee Shop
* Subsidised Café
* My Benefits Website with various retailer discounts
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Employee Assistance Helpline
* Carry out on going repairs to your specified Team as and when required in order to ensure maximum production output.
* Train Team Operators on line operation as and when required.
* Prioritise Breakdowns, Co-ordinate with Team Leaders and PM Planner providing Effective Break Cover.
* Enforce and advise on the safety standards set within the plant in order to meet the safety targets and ensure the safety of employees, contractors and customers. Contribute to the solution of issues raised at the Health & Safety meeting whilst encouraging employee involvement in identifying both cause and corrective action.
* Ensure that the highest standards of housekeeping, hygiene and other manufacturing practices are achieved and maintained.
* Establish regular and effective communications within the Team to promote involvement and improve employee understanding of the business.
* Ensure engineering work requests (EWR's) are completed to agreed timescales and carry out planned work during none 'Breakdown' situations.
* Carry out effective handovers between shifts.
* Attend Line Improvement meetings along within the Team and Engineering Manager.
* Focus on line improvements - Reducing Mechanical Downtime / Reduce Change Over Times / Increase Line Speeds / Increase Line Efficiencies against set targets.
* Ensuring that company procedure on foreign body control are followed at all times.
* Develop strong relationships across the Engineering team and cross functional relationships with Technical, Manufacturing and Health & Safety
As a business, our client is a market leader in FMCG production and distribution internationally. With a growing portfolio of clients this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
In return for your commitment my client offers a stable and secure career for technically motivated engineers. If you feel this is of interest, please send your CV to directly to Cory Beardmore to or call for a confidential discussion on .
Hunter Selection Recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering