Tax Accountant & Compliance Manager UK
Our client is a leading FTSE 100 FMCG business with a range of market leading products.
Purpose of the role
Supporting the UK Global Controller and the local Head of Tax for direct and indirect tax planning, administration and compliance activities for all Global HQ companies of the group within the UK. Responsible for increasing the efficiency and internal control environment in the direct and indirect tax area in UK. Supporting local accounting activities for the UK based group holding companies.
- Work in a quickly changing environment, i.e. legislative changes and communication to/requirements from the tax authorities
- Constantly balancing the search for new improved ways of working together with the sustained implementation of agreed ways of working
- Align different departments (finance, legal, supply, logistics, procurement and sales) to streamline the corporate income tax and VAT processes within the company
- Ensure full flexibility within the team to meet existing and future business needs.
- Ensure full compliance of administration and reporting of direct & indirect taxes (income tax, VAT, etc.) and that all tax payments are submitted within the prescribed timeframe
- Monitor changes in the tax legislation related to corporate income tax and VAT that could have an impact on the UK group companies. Manage the introduction of these changes throughout the business
- Support tax planning and optimization projects in order to increase efficiency in direct and indirect taxes in the UK group companies.
- Act as contact person for tax impact assessment of business decisions
- Monitor compliance against global tax risk management policies
- Coordinate, facilitate and host internal and external tax reviews and audits
- University degree in Economics, Business, Accounting, Tax or related field desirable
- ACCA/ACA or CTA qualified
- Strong Tax Compliance experience
- Strong knowledge of Direct / Indirect tax