Role Title: Warehouse General Manager
Location: St Helens
Salary: £40k per annum dependent on experience
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday 40 hours per week
Reporting to: Operations Director
20 days holiday plus statutory - increases with service
Christmas shutdown- not from holiday entitlement
To manage the efficient operation of the 180,000 square foot warehouse, in line with legislation, company accreditations, procedures, objectives and targets.
- The management of operational activities, systems and procedures to ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation, ISO9001 & IS013485 certifications, and bonded requirements.
- Management of all operational activities, goods in, rework, case and pallet pick, and goods out, ensuring that they are performed to the highest standard and lowest cost, in adherence to company approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP`s).
- Utilize data and develop reports to monitor efficiency and ensure adherence to objectives. Communicate monthly KPI`s to senior management.
- Manage the warehouse management team to ensure suitable performance and attendance management of all employees by use of statistical analysis of data, ensuring consistency across all operational functions.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the transport, warehouse and sales functions by encouraging effective communication between individuals within the teams, to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
- Champion continuous improvement within the operation and drive through improvements in all areas.
- Promote improved productivity and accuracy through performance management, the use of technology, and regular audits, ensuring objectives and targets are clearly communicated, understood and achieved.
- Analyze the operational and commercial impact of decisions made. Ensure that the site is running in an efficient and cost effective manner by developing and monitoring of all site KPI`s.
- Implement new key business initiatives and develop new operational initiatives.
- Co-ordinate staff development by identifying current and future operational needs and skills gaps within the workforce. Motivate, train and develop all staff to satisfy requirements.
- Manage and control of all site suppliers of consumables and services ensuring that spend is kept to within agreed levels.
- Effectively contribute to all site project activity and manage these projects as required.
- Support the company IT Manager by managing on site resource and effectively becoming the site "super-user".
- Assist in management of the Transport Department as required.
- Take responsibility for arranging and managing the company annual stock take.
- 5 years` experience in a similar role within a large warehouse operation consisting of container goods in, rework, pallet and case pick, delivering to both the Independent sector and major multiples.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Knowledge.
- Warehouse Management Systems Experience, both usage and configuration.
- Sound understanding of IT hardware and software
- Able to analyse statistics and data to propose and implement improvements
- Previous experience in working in close cooperation with Transport, both in house and third party.
- Excellent understanding of Health and Safety legislation.
- Previous experience of implementing, managing and exceeding KPI`s.
- Excellent commercial awareness, results driven
- Microsoft office trained to an Expert level (Microsoft 365 and Jet reports).
- Microsoft Navision Systems Experience.
- Fully ADR trained
- IOSH health and Safety qualification.
- Educational qualifications of `A` level or above.
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Good people skills and an approachable manner, confident and able to inspire confidence in others.
- Proactive in identifying and implementing solutions to problems and issues that arise.
- Fair, consistent, and flexible in approach.
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and proven ability to motivate a team
- Ambitious with a desire to constructively develop both self and others.
- Knowledge and experience of operational excellence, and dedicated to achieving it.
This role involves working weekends on a rotational basis as required or as otherwise stipulated in terms and conditions and any subsequent amendments. This role may involve some heavy lifting.Keywords:
warehouse general manager, general manager, warehouse, managerContact Details:
If you would like to apply for this position please call Laurie on or send your CV to laurie@ vital-people .co .uk
We are our client`s exclusive recruitment supplier and are delighted to be recruiting for this position.
Please note that shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a formal interview
at our Chester or Manchester office, to enable us to carry out a thorough assessment on behalf of our employer clients.
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven`t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for