We are currently seeking additional experienced Warehouse Operations Shift leaders to join and add value to our warehouse operational team in Crewe.
The role is full time & permanent with a starting salary of 23.6k & based in Crewe close to all transport lincs
The role will entail planning, directing and coordinating daily activity to ensure that all resources are aligned to deliver our customer requirements on time, in full on a daily basis and to assist in providing a working environment which is safe and without risks to health.
The role requires the management of a team of warehouse operatives and the responsibility for several despatch functions including B2C, Retail and Bulk national and International shipments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the company despatch operation including End User, B2B, Retail and bulk international and national deliveries.
- The co-ordination of warehouse operatives for your designated business unit in Despatch with the overall goal of achieving the Departmental SLA’s.
- Ensuring that site standards are maintained regarding health and safety and housekeeping promoting a program of 5s and internal best practice.
- To achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) through the effective use of resources, equipment and information. Key indicators relate to cost per unit, productivity, accuracy, absence and individual departmental KPI’s.
- To identify areas of improvement or risk and to provide solutions to ensure continuous improvement across all areas of the business with specific contributions to cost, service and accuracy.
- Ensuring that individual performance is maintained at a high level through effective leadership, motivation and personal example.
- Ensuring all documentation, reports and statistics are completed and, where required, communicated in an accurate and timely manner.
- To complete any other reasonable requests made by the business.
Key Performance Indicators
To meet daily throughput demands through the effective and efficient use of available resource.
- To ensure that the team is fully briefed in order to achieve daily targets.
- Achievement of team productivity and / or output targets as determined and communicated by the senior management team.
Key Skills & Behaviours
- A team focused individual working alongside other Shift Leaders.
- Able to work in time sensitive environment ensuring all customer expectations are met on time.
- Customer focused mentality.
- JDE Knowledge an advantage.
- Attention to detail with Customer service requests, Resource & Volume planning.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility and commitment-willingness to work additional hours as required.
- Strong work ethic and good interpersonal skills.
- An awareness of Health & Safety practices and procedures.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience
Excellent understanding of warehouse systems.
- Good understanding of warehouse / distribution principles and procedures.
- High standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Previous warehouse in a high-volume environment.
Immediate interviews are available